Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday Pain And Issues

Today wasn't a good ride.

It was dry, cold (for SoCal, but spring like for real locales) and windy. And, in my haste to set up the GPS, and prepare for the cold, I left my energy drink in the garage. A bad time to notice this oversight is 25 miles into a 50 mile trek.

Cold and dry sucks all the moisture out of your body, making a bonk much more likely. Worse, I didn't bring any cash.

OK, I survived without a bonk. But, I cut the ride short too. My lips are cracked, my skin chapped, my head hurting. All made lighter by the sighting of a herd of middle schoolers volksmarching down the trail with hand held bar bells swinging to and fro. They announced my passage by calling out and cheerily greeting me.

Very uplifting.

37.95 miles 2:44:08.14

I am a little stressed by developments in the Pres race.

Folks are getting on Mitt for his religeon. Why? Would it be ok to bash Sir Hillary's qualification to be president because she's a woman, or B Hussein Obama because he's black? We should debate their stands on the issues. If Mitt's position on something is based on his religeon, then let's debate the position, make him defend it. But, let's not exclude him because he's a Mormon.

No comments: