Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Sweat

Busy day.

Sales meeting first thing. Met the new honcho (a nepotism promotion he's a cousin) whose goal it is to bring us back to national prominence after falling down due to the emphasis on gross. Then a post sales meeting meeting to cuss and discuss 'stuff'. The changes portend good.

Dashed home in time for Dr's appointment, fixed the flat tubes (you put enough patches on it, you can't go wrong apparently), then off to the training ride.

Concentrated on form, feet flat, pedal stroke like wiping gum off my shoes, arms bent, back straight. 24 miles out and back, 1:41:30. Steady climb up the Aliso Creek Trail, out to Cook's Corner (You may have heard it referred to as the Silverado Canyon or The Santiago Canyon Road Fire if you followed the California Fire Storm stories). Good aerobic workout, but all not so good. At one point during the climb - it's a trail off the road, so no traffic - I noticed huge birds flying around. Lots of wild life there so I stopped to see what they were. They were Turkey Buzzards! Decided to move on...

It was a bummer in one respect. I was supposed to go Geocaching with the grands. Instead me and the Lovely and Talented Miss Dorothy took them to see The Bee Movie, which was, uh, ok. I guess we're supposed to know that if the bees go on strike, it will be bad. Funniest line in the movie was the mosquito (played by Chris Rock), who a cow - ya just have to see the movie to get the connection - said to him, "You're a lawyer?" who answered, "Yah, I've always been a blood sucking insect, I just needed a brief case!" (Why did that make me think of John Edwards??????)

Next ride, The Top Of The World!

No comments: