Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Post New Year's Rides

Boy, the new year has new trauma. Been sick twice, making riding tough.

Went for a ride New Year's Day.

39.75 miles 2:59:48:98.

Rode today, mud on the trail, head winds and hills, not to mention hacking and coughing. Lots of young ladies on the trail today - always makes me ride a little faster.

29.63 miles 2:09:19:60

Things that'll kill me:

Pouring down rain, approaching a right turn lane. I leave plenty of room between me and the car ahead, just in case I gotta stop the Harley for something. Enough room for a bimbo in a beemer to come racing around me, slide into my comfort zone, and slam on the brakes so she can:
a. not hit the car ahead of her.
b. not spin out when she makes the turn.
c. scare a good 30 seconds off my already shorten life span.

Good thing I don't ride faster than my angels can fly.

No comments: