Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Barry Hussein O's Dream

Had a great ride on Saturday. First long ride with the whole team. We met at 0645 and headed out around 0700. There were gobs of riders out, lots of teams. Our team has members with limited skills so we were spread out over the whole course. Still it was easy to hop on a pace line and cruise along at 20, 25 mph.
That got scary in Huntington Beach where the fog was so thick it condensed on my glasses. Couldn't see worth a crap. I let the bold and brazen pass me by.

Still, 70.49 miles, 5:19:55. Not bad. If I can do the 100 in under 9, I'll be happy.

Today, it was a run. Laced up the Brits and headed out for some hill work. Running along at a steady pace things start to take on a cadence, and today it was "Barak Obama President, Barak Obama President" that permeated my thoughts. What kind of thing is that to think of?

Then it hit me, after his big win in Iowa, he was prancing back and forth crowing about the strength of his win. He said he won because he was able to pull together Democrats (that's a surprise?), Independents (OK, maybe, who knows what moves an 'independent'), and Republicans.

Republicans? Republicans! Why would Barry say, or think, that he has the support of Republicans? He stands for no conservative position, so why would he say that?

Well call me a cynic, but, I'll bet what he meant was, "I got the support of people who want me to succeed because I'm black".

That probably describes some Republicans, the only Republicans who would support a leftist like Barry Hussein Obama.